Delegate Reviews of the LIS Research Coalition conference 2010
Please find here links to reviews of the Library and Information Science Research Coalition conference 2010. If you would like to add a link to this page, please contact Hazel Hall.
- Rhona Arthur: “LIS Research Coalition conference” – Prompted by Andrew Dillon’s keynote presentation at the LIS Research Coalition conference, Rhona considers information skills of the population and the role of librarians as mediators.
- Ruth Baxter: “What have I learnt?” – Ruth, who is based in Australia and participated in the conference remotely, reflects in her blog (Creative Circ) on how clever use of social media allowed her to become involved in the event.
- Andrew Dillon: “International tour 2010” – Andrew posts a blog entry on participation at three conferences in June 2010, including the LIS Research Coalition conference.
- Juliet Eve: “22 minutes of madness in a day of taking LIS research seriously” – Juliet writes enthusiastically about the conference with reference to earlier work on the challenges that face LIS research.
- Jess Humphreys: “LIS Research – and a moment of madness!” – Jess writes an energetic conference review, which includes an assessment of her experience of participating in the one minute madness session session.
- Ronan O’Beirne: “LIS Research Coalition conference ‘Evidence, value and impact’” – Ronan notes the two keynote papers and the one minute madness session as highlights of the conference, and comments on the value of catching up with external colleagues in person at such events.
- Stephanie Kenna: “Evidence, Value and Impact: The LIS Research Landscape in 2010” – Stephanie wrote a full conference report for issue 64 (July 2010) issue of the online journal Ariadne.
- Matthew Mezey: “Value and impact – the only game in town?” – Matthew reviewed the conference for the September issue of CILIP’s magazine Library and Information Update (pp. 20-21). CILIP members can access this publication online.
- Michael Stead: “LIS Research Coalition Conference 2010: not really a writeup, more a springboard for rambling – Michael urges the public library community to recognise the value of LIS research, and recommends the involvement of the Society of Chief Librarians in the work of the LIS Research Coalition.
- Hui-Yun Sung: “Conference report: Library and Information Science Research Coalition Conference 2010″ – Hui-Yun, whose travel costs to attend the conference were sponsored by the UK Electronic Information Group (UKeIG), writes a full conference report for eLucidate volume 7, issue 4, published in September 2010.
- Claire Valentine: “Value and impact” – Claire summarises her experience of her day at the LIS Research Coalition conference on the TFPL blog. She refers to her experience of the one minute madness session and her current research into blogs and wikis for collaborative working.